With the dark evenings upon us and long winter nights fast on the horizon, our skin needs a little extra care. Here are my top winter beauty tips to get you through the season with that extra glow.
- A good moisturizer – is essential, heating, change of temperature, cold winds all add up to a drying effect on our skin. I have been using Crème de La Mer Moisturizing cream ever since it launched in the UK way back in the nineties. More recently they launched the ‘Moisturizing Soft Cream’ which I love for the luxuriously smooth and milky texture. The nutrient-rich formula will re-hydrate dry, tired and stressed skin, deeply penetrating to renew and re-energize your complexion.
Winner of Instyle best beauty award 2015
- Lip Balm – Crème de La Mer’s The Lip Balm soothes and repairs severely dry lips with a lightweight and effective formula. With a refreshing mint flavor and velvety smooth finish, your pout will feel instantly softer and smoother. This balm sounds expensive but lasts the whole winter and everyone that I have introduced this to are now addicted.
- Exfoliator – Dry, flaky winter skin needs a good polish to reveal a brighter complexion. I use Crème de La Mer’s The refining facial. This product gently polishes and exfoliates without harsh abrasives allowing your skin to look rejuvenated, smooth and radiant. My Sunday morning ritual.
- Fake tan – Crème de La Mer’s The Gradual Tan Face and Body absorbs quickly for an even, perfectly natural-looking glow. Easy to use.
- Illuminator – the secret to younger looking skin, it subtly highlights your best features for that sort after glow. Nars illuminator , organic ingredients and luminous vitality make this a beauty-kit essential.
- Hand cream – again, this is my essential, Crème de La Mer The Hand Treatment. Smooth, soft hands are achieved by using this lotion whilst creating an emollient barrier to protect and hydrate even the driest skin.
- Dark red lipstick– The final touch, it goes so well with black and has a timeless elegance that makes you look stunning. I have two current ones for you to try, firstly, the new Estée Lauder Kendall Jenner Pure Color Matte Sculpting Lipstick. Creamy, Matte, Intense, a true red that is glamorous and chic in equal measures.
Secondly, ROUGE DIOR Lipstick Rouge Dior Collection in 999 , as the third incarnation of Monsieur Dior’s very first lipstick, this red is as classic and timeless as it gets. It has a super hydrating texture that leaves lips plumped and smooth, even in the coldest weather.
Beautiful colours and a great creamy texture, plus this luxe lipstick lasts.
All Crème de La Mer products are available at De Gruchy’s and the others from Feel Unique in Jersey.
Share your favourite tips and products with us.